For many, the weight loss journey leaves patients with little support or options other than diet and exercise and traditional surgery. Although the Orbera gastric balloon is finally offering an alternative solution for long term weight loss, it is not suitable for everyone.
Would I be a suitable candidate?
- Yes, if you are moderately overweight and unable to achieve your desired weight loss through traditional weight loss methods, such as diet and exercise.
- Yes, if you are only aiming at losing about 20-30lbs and are not eligible for, or maybe uncomfortable with, other forms of weight loss surgery.
- Yes, if you have a BMI of ≥ 27 and are willing to participate in an established medically-supervised diet and behavior modification program with regular follow-up.
Not suitable for the following patients:
- People who have had previous gastrointestinal surgery, any inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract, potential upper gastrointestinal bleeding or other congenital anomalies, large hiatal hernia or other structural abnormality in the esophagus or larynx
- People who may suffer from any other medical conditions that would not permit endoscopy
- People who are unwilling to adopt the dietary habits and behavior change critical to the success of the therapy
- People who are going through drug or alcohol addiction
- Women who are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- People who have had prior or present psychological disorders
- People who are taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, anticoagulants or other gastric irritants
- As with all medical procedures there are potential risks of unforeseen, unknown or adverse reactions to medications and the procedure itself. Please discuss your questions and expectations about the Intra Gastric Balloon treatment program with us so that we can evaluate the benefits versus possible risks.
Take the first step at reaching your weight loss goals. Experience highly personalized care and state-of-the-art treatments from our exceptionally qualified surgeons who are dedicated to putting your needs first. Call 201-646-1121 and schedule your consultation.